Last month the HHUG held its AGM and published the HHUG Annual Report for 2016-2017.
Here are a few things we did last year:
Trained 140 participants via the Housing Stability Training Centre.
Launched the SPDAT training workshops for housing service providers in Waterloo Region.
Advocated for people discharged from Provincial jails who were experiencing homelessness.
Recognized more deserving recipients of the Waterloo Regional Housing Coalition Awards:
- Outstanding Volunteer Housing Champion: Sand Hills Cooperative Homes Inc.
- Sybil Frenette Outstanding Housing Creator: Elmira Developmental Support Corporation (EDSC)
- Christine Wilson Outstanding Housing Community Worker: Gary Warren
Shared crucial knowledge for the local housing sector with more than 200 listserv recipients.
Collaborated on committees including:
- the Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario, with Lynn Macaulay serving as an ACTO Board Member
- the Right to Housing Committee
- Cambridge Action on Homelessness Group (CAHG)
- Cambridge Affordable Housing Roundtable (CAHR)
Expanded the HHUG team from a team of one to a team of two with an Administrative Assistant three days per week
Balanced the HHUG budget!
For the full details take a look at the HHUG 2016-2017 Annual Report.